MuchoMuchoBuenoBueno GUIDE For HEALTHY SUMMER HAIR.
When summertime hits, I try to take a break from putting extra heat or chemicals on my hair.
Heat=Damage. I can't stress this enough!
I am going to give you some tips for Healthy Summer Time Hair!
1.Use cool water when washing and conditioning your hair. The cold water locks the conditioner in your hair cuticle.
(Don't use Grocery store products on your hair)
2. Spray/put some damage control/leave in conditioner/moroccan oil hydrating cream (either of those) and let air dry. If you dont like the look of it air drying then braid it/Top Knot it and let dry. If you run out f ways to wear your hair check out our Hair Tutorial Tab at MMBB.
3. Going for a swim? Dampen your hair then fill cuticle with conditioner. This protects your hair from chlorine.
4. If you plan on being in the sun all day coat hair with leave-in protection or wear a hat or scarf.
5. When combing wet hair, use a wide tooth comb and be gentle. Be careful not to break your hair. Start from the bottom and work your way up.
6. As soon as you notice split ends, call your hairstylist and book an appointment. I know you want to grow it out but if you don't get those ends taken care of those split ends will snap off or keep riding up your hair.
7. Use velcro or other non heat methods to get the curls you want. Try knots or waves from braids. Or try the SURFER GIRL technique without heat. Another cute look: FAST FIX SUMMER HAIR.
8. Do a weekly mask. It is KEY to follow the instructions:) I reccommend It's a 10, Moroccan oil mask, or you can always ask your hairstylist.
9. If you must blowdry your hair or use any heating tool, coat your hair with a good professional heat protectant first. Damage.Manager [above #7] is good, and so is Moroccan oil.
Follow these steps and your hair will be in good shape for summer. :)