And now for another post sponsored by...food! :)
[click to enlarge]
Notes: I used baby portobellos; didn't measure the veggie oil as it's for sauteing the mushrooms; the original recipe called for margarine but i used olive oil spread, as well as olive oil instead of veggie oil; 2% milk was used.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease 9x13 inch pan.
3. Boil pasta for 8 - 10 minutes [I add a bit of salt and olive oil to the water].
4. As the water boils, put vegetable oil into a saucepan, along with your mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes, until yummy mushroom smell is wafting around your kitchen. And then set aside.
5. Melt olive oil spread in saucepan & mix the garlic, flour, and basil. Gradually add the milk. Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese until melted.
6. Mix in pasta, spinach, mushrooms, and soy sauce.
7. Transfer to baking dish and cover with remaining cup of cheese. [Add more if you want!]
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and/or light brown. :)
Daniel loves this recipe, and so do I. I have made it 3 times total!
As far as total time from start to consumption...I'd say almost an hour. But the leftovers heat up real quick and taste great for days! Not too shabby. :)
Let me know if you give it a try - I'd love to hear about any edits! I think sauteed onions would make it even yummier.