And now for another post sponsored by…food!
[click to enlarge]
Notes: I used baby portobellos; didn’t measure the veggie oil as it’s for sauteing the mushrooms; the original recipe called for margarine but i used olive oil spread, as well as olive oil instead of veggie oil; 2% milk was used.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease 9×13 inch pan.
3. Boil pasta for 8 – 10 minutes [I add a bit of salt and olive oil to the water].
4. As the water boils, put vegetable oil into a saucepan, along with your mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes, until yummy mushroom smell is wafting around your kitchen. And then set aside.
5. Melt olive oil spread in saucepan & mix the garlic, flour, and basil. Gradually add the milk. Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese until melted.
6. Mix in pasta, spinach, mushrooms, and soy sauce.
7. Transfer to baking dish and cover with remaining cup of cheese. [Add more if you want!]
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and/or light brown.
Daniel loves this recipe, and so do I. I have made it 3 times total!
As far as total time from start to consumption…I’d say almost an hour. But the leftovers heat up real quick and taste great for days! Not too shabby.
Let me know if you give it a try – I’d love to hear about any edits! I think sauteed onions would make it even yummier.